Admission is offered to applicants who are the students or have qualified degree in the field of Medical Sciences/Nutritional Sciences, Natural Sciences, Food and Home Sciences, Public Health, Sports Science and Hospitality Sector.
The minimum duration of the certificate in obesity and weight management will be three month comprising of twelve modules.
Obesity is a global epidemic and a leading cause of several major non-communicable diseases including type-2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and some cancers. Prevention and management is critical in reducing the considerable health costs of obesity. This certificate course in obesity and weight management has been designed for health professionals and students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to treat obese patients effectively.
- Deliver understanding of weight management and prevalence of overweight/obesity in local community
- Demonstrate an understanding of various methods of treating overweight/obesity including: diet, physical activity, behavioral, pharmacological, and surgical interventions.
- Describe the economic costs and social consequences associated with overweight/obesity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of pediatric, family and public interventions to prevent or attenuate the rise in obesity.
- Provide comprehensive knowledge on principles and planning of therapeutic and diet management in obesity.
|1||Appetite Regulation, Controlled Diet and Energy Balance||6-Hours|
|2||Obesity: Epidemiology, Etiology and Health Risks||6-Hours|
|3||Measurement and Assessment Methods for Obesity Evaluation||6-Hours|
|4||Pharmacotherapy and Surgical Approaches to Weight Management||6-Hours|
|5||Dietary Approaches to Weight Management||6-Hours|
|6||Physical Activity and Weight Management||6-Hours|
|7||Dietary Supplements and Bodybuilding Diets||6-Hours|
|8||Design and Deliver Weight Loss Myths and Fad Dietary Plans||6-Hours|
|9||Lifestyle Modification and Behavior Therapy for Weight Management||6-Hours|
|10||Healthy Tips and Home Remedies for Obesity||6-Hours|
|11||Case Studies and Sample Diet Plans||6-Hours|
|12||Obesity Camp, Hospital/Gym Visit||6-Hours|
Successful students will get job placement in Government Sector, Hospitals and Clinics, Health Departments, INGOs, Schools & Colleges, Sports and Health Clubs, Hostels and Restaurants, Food and Pharma Industries, Research and Development Centers, Gyms, Slimming Centers, Private Consultant/Practitioner as Clinical Nutritionists, Clinical Dietitian, Management Dietitian, Consultant Dietitian, Personal Nutritionist, Health Coach, Diet Therapist, Community Dietitian, Nutrition Sales Executive and Nutrition Product Manager.